Started On :: 06/07/2012 - Ended On :: 14/07/2012
Following the phenomenal success of the inaugural African Women in Business Conference in 2011, the Association for African Owned Enterprises (AAOE UK) is set to make history once again with the 2nd Annual African Women in Business Conference on the 13th July, themed Women Of Influence. Bringing together, informing and celebrating African female entrepreneurs and professionals in the diaspora, this timely event not only seeks to showcase Women of Influence in the Black/African Community, but also encourage and inspire others to exert their influence.
The conference subject matter, striking a nerve with Government, has been endorsed by The Rt. Hon Lynne Featherstone MP - Under-Secretary of State for Equalities.
"I am happy to be extending my support for the African Women in Business conference for the second year...
...The objectives of this conference reflect those of the Government: to get more women into business and into senior leadership positions. It is essential that we get more businesses and charities to realise the benefits of having more women in their leadership teams. When the key decisions makers better reflect our society, we maximise our chances for future growth, wellbeing and prosperity."
In addition, this ground-breaking event is supported by confirmed speaker Baroness Oona King, a Labour MP and former Chief Diversity Officer of Channel 4.
Other confirmed speakers and Women of Influence in the fields of Business, Politics, Lifestyle, Fashion and more include:
- Elsie Owusu OBE an esteemed architect, partner in the firm Feilden+Mawson, principal of her own firm of architects and founder member of the Society of Black Architects.
- Em Ekong, Director of Urban Inclusion and of the African & Caribbean Business Experience 2012.
- Kubi Springer, “the UK’s answer to Oprah” Blackweekly.com. A Marketing & Media Specialist who has delivered campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Eryca Freemantle – International Celebrity Make Up Artist
- Justina Mutale – CEO of Positive Runway, Global Catwalk to Stop the Spread (of HIV/AIDS)
“The 21st century presents incredible opportunities for women to reassert their position in the gender dynamics and to hold legitimate positions of authority to influence others and to influence the direction of the global agenda.” JUSTINA MUTALE
FULL CONFERENCE DETAILS & REGISTRATION INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://aaoeafricanwomenconference.eventbrite.com/